EDI Claims Requirements
Version 2.1 - Revision Date: 3/18/2021, Effective Date: 07/19/2021
North Carolina has mandated EDI Claims Release 3.0 reporting. Compliance with EDI Claims reporting requirements is required on the date a trading partner begins to provide services and/or write Workers' Compensation coverage in North Carolina.
Download the Requirements by clicking on the links below.
The Requirements are housed in three tables:
- Event Table (updated 4/15/2021)
- This table relates EDI information to the circumstances under which they are initiated as well as the timeframes for sending the information.
- Element Requirements
- This table lists the individual data element requirements
- Edit Matrix
- This table provides information on the edits that will apply to each data element and the edits that will be applied based on the population of the data element.
The changes to the Requirements are logged in the following table:
- Track Changes (updated 4/15/2021)
- This table presents the changes that are made to the Requirement Tables.